TD-Info Excellence Award & Good Practice Market Place at the annual Defence Information Event
The TD-Info Excellence Award and Market Place celebrate innovative Team Defence activities. It is keenly supported by both MOD and Industry, who recognise the value of learning from innovative joint endeavours involving companies of all sizes - from Defence primes to the smallest micro-businesses.
Congratulations to the award winners for 2019, announced at the annual Defence Information 2019 event in April. Download a copy of the full 2019 Resutls here. The results are:
TD-Info 2019 Excellence Award Winner: Leonardo for a project on "The Best Part to Print: A Process for Down-Selecting Parts for Additive Manufacturing (AM)". Download a copy of this report of a study undertaken as part of the Good Practice Study Group for emerging professionals
- Type 23 Frigate Fleet Minor Trial for the “Connected Platform” using Analytics and Light Fidelity (Li-Fi) Technology to empower the Royal Navy (RN) Maintainer from Babcock International Group’s Naval Marine Division, working with MOD and Supply Chain organisations, including Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) comprising:Navy Command Deputy Assistant Chief of Staff (Engineering Support) (DACOS(ES)), DE&S Warships – T23 Strategic Class Authority, Pure Lifi (for Wireless Network), Applied Integration (for Sensor Suite), SIEMENS control systems (for Condition Monitoring System) and ContextIS (for Cyber Security)
- Quantum-generation Information Assurance from Prizsm
TD-Info 2019 Excellence Awards Commended: Five awards made:
- Project STAS: Providing troops with the equipment they need to stay safefrom Qioptiq
- IA Inside from Ascentor
- Astute Class Submarines – Technical Documentation Support solution from MOD In-Service Submarines (ISM), Submarine Production (SMP) and BAE Systems
- Improving information governance across the supply chain from Clearswift
- Governing Master Data within Defence Logistics from Defence Logistics and Glue Reply
TD-Info extends its appreciation to the 2019 Excellence Awards judging panel comprising: Ross Harris (Cranfield University), Peter Cheetham (tlmNexus) and Simon Foale (Dstl).
In his summary, prior to making the Award presentations, Simon Foale praised the efforts of all who had entered submissions and warmly recognised the contributions of the finalists, who showcased their entries to DI’19 delegates as part of the Good Practice Market Place. Simon, also a judge in DI’18, added that the job of separating the finalists was more challenging this year and that the standard of entries remained exceptionally high.
You may wish to review some of the entries of finalists and overall winners from previous years - see the documents listed below.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 2 priority documents/files associated with this community:
DI19: Results of TD-Info 2019 Excellence Awards Public P Expand
DI19: TD-Info 2019 Excellence Award Entry Form & About v01 Public P Expand
There are no current news stories associated with this community