Defence Information 2020: 'Defence-led Transformation' 1 & 2 April
Contact Caroline at Cranfield to make enquiries about booking Exhibition Stands and becoming a DI'20 Event Sponsor. Details of packages, including prices, are on the website of our event partner Cranfield University Symposia. Delegates can book places here.
Our joint MOD/Industry annual Defence Information Event (DI20) is on 1st and 2nd April at the GWR STEAM Conferencing, Swindon. Attracting some 350 delegates, DI20 combines senior-level and subject-expert speakers, a selection of workshops, panel sessions, great exhibitor stands, a showcase for Good Practice, TD-Info Annual Awards for Collaboration and Innovation, our DI20 dinner at STEAM and plenty of excellent learning and networking opportunities throughout.
Our theme relates to the significant transformational activity being undertaken by the MOD. Keynote Di20 speaker MOD CIO Charlie Forte said , “We acknowledge that there is a huge amount of transformation taking place, not just in D&IT but across the whole of Defence." (ISS journal ISSue 12, July 2019)
He went on to explain the three basic aims across these transformation programmes are to: Mobilise, Modernise and Transform and that transformation is about providing Pan-Defence Capability, "to which D&IT Transformation is a key enabler as some of the MOD projects "unlock the ability for other functions to realise their own transformational ambitions. Read ISSue article in full here." Also, see MOD Report: Mobilising, Modernising & Transforming Defence: Modernising Defence Programme.
Industry's contributions are integral to delivery of MOD transformation; hence our DI20 Event will provide a valuable opportunity for MOD and Industry to come together as a collaborative 'Team Defence' community to hear the latest thinking on information-led transformation through keynote presentations from senior leaders and subject experts, interactive workshops and panel sessions. This will include insights into the latest developments in defence’s transformation programme and topics at the forefront of enabling ICT.
Our MOD/Industry DI20 planning team are finalising the 2-day programme.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Charlie Forte, MOD Keynote CIO – Leading the Defence Digital & IT Transformation
- Brig Sara Sharkey, MOD ISS Head Application Services and Dev Ops - MOD Cloud and Defence Agile Software House
- Joint Information Group (JIG) Keynote - Partnering with Industry for Joint Success by JIG Co-Chairs: Andy Burch, Babcock International Group & David Rowland, Head of Strategy, MOD ISS
- Steve Glass, MOD DE&S SEOC Director – Support and Support Information
- Peter Bruce, ICT and Cyber Technical Director, Atkins
- Luigi Sidoli Customer Solutions Manager, BAE Systems Maritime Services: Digitally Enabled Carrier Strike
- Maj Gen Tom Copinger-Symes, MOD CIO - Director Mil Digitisation
- Dr Dom Davies, Dstl Strategy, Portfolio and Capability Division and lead for Knowledge Management
- Dr David Hawken, Dep Head Strategy, MOD ISS – Panel Chair JIG-V - Engaging Emerging Talent
Q & A Panel following Keynote sessions hosted by Karl Dixon, Atkins (Day 1) and Parm Sandhu, Boeing Defence UK (Day 2). Also, Dr David Hawken, Deputy Head Strategy, MOD ISS will chair the panel session for the JIG-V - Engaging Emerging Talent (Day 1)
Workshop topics and leads include:
- Machine Learning – Danny Wooton, MOD
- Artificial Intelligence – TBC
- Sustainable ICT: Net Zero 2050 – Grant Morley
- MOD Cloud - TBC
- Skype for Business – The need for external collaboration, Richard Skedd and Sean Conway
- Skills - Ross Harris, Cranfield University with the Information Warfare Group, Defence Academy of the UK
The venue is the conference facilities at STEAM, housed in the historic buildings of the Great Western Railway in Swindon, now a museum. Approximately 350 people attend with a strong mix of MOD and Industry.
The annual DI Event attracts a wealth of exhibitors who are open to demonstrating and discussing capabilities, case studies and the ‘art of the possible’. Workshops enable more in-depth, interactive engagement whilst keynotes provide an opportunity for announcements, briefings and exploration of strategy, people, process and technology matters.
A Good Practice Market Place showcases the collaborative work of finalists for the TD-Info Excellence Award 2020 and there is a separate TD-Info Award for Innovation, both judged during the event and presented on Day 2. There is ample scope for ‘quality networking’, including the formal Event dinner (optional) held within the STEAM museum and amidst the trains!
MOD Transformations and related topics include:
- Engineering Support Transformation
- Defence Support Operating Model (DSOM)
- MOD Report: Mobilising, Modernising & Transforming Defence: Modernising Defence Programme
- Innovations being addressed by LOGNET and elsewhere as covered by TD-Info facilitated groups such as the
There are 4 priority documents/files associated with this community:
TD-Info Slide Pack January 2020 (pdf format) Public PA Expand
About Team Defence Information (Summary Document - Jan 2020 Public PA Expand
Defence Information 2020 - DI20 Flyer v05 Public PA Expand
Template letter asking to attend DI20 on behalf of your organisation Public P Expand
There are no current news stories associated with this community