MOD/Industry Human Factors Integration Working Group
The MOD/Industry Human Factors Integration Working Group is an informal forum for the advancement of HFI 'best practice' within defence acquisition and is focused on HFI technical issues. It includes a wide range of industry participants.
The key functions of the Working Group are :
- Advice to MOD on the requirements for new processes/techniques/methods to support the application of Human Factors Integration in defence acquisition
- Provision of expert technical review of outputs from MoD's HFI Research Programme (e.g. HFI Defence Technology Centre) from an independent, industrial perspective
- Supporting MoD's HFI related research where appropriate by affording access to case studies; contributing to studies; commenting on documents etc
- Identification of additional exploitation opportunities for MoD's research outputs within industry to support the delivery of defence capability
- Working with MoD to ensure HF Standards (e.g. DEFSTAN 00-250) are maintained and are fit for purpose
- Supporting the alignment of MoD's HFI processes with those of industry (including the interface with systems engineering practice in industry)
- Identification of significant developments in HFI within the commercial sector that may be used to enhance HFI in defence acquisition
Unlike the Committee on Human Factors Integration in Equipment Acquisition & Support (HEAS) which is examining business/contracting issues in relation to HFI, the MoD/Industry HFI Working Group is focused on the technical/scientific developments that underpin the application of HFI in defence acquisition.
The HFI has an annual Event with presentations and announcement of winner of the annual H Award, made to individuals who have been instrumental in advancing the theory and practice of HFI within Defence. Entries are open for nominations of individuals who have demonstrated exceptional skills in the application of HFI practice within UK Defence and have shown a proven impact on project outcomes. Download an Entry Form for the 2019 H Award.
Further information is only available to members
Please enter your details below and press Sign-in
Click here if you have forgotten your password
Please remember to sign out before leaving the site