PAST EVENT Joint MOD/Industry Support Chain Seminar 2019 - 8th Oct at GWR STEAM, Swindon
NB: This event has now passed. Links are provided to presentations that have been made available from this event and are available to TD-Info members.
- The annual joint MOD/Industry Support Chain Seminar 2019 was held on 8th October at GWR STEAM Conferencing, Swindon. Coordinated by TD-Info, the theme was Transformational Change for Support - Industry & MOD working together for Success. The Modernising Defence Programme (MDP) recognises the importance of Support and its contribution to UK Defence. SCS19 discussed progress and setting the condition for success in the future.
This was the SCS19 PROGRAMME
- Business Transformation in Supply Chain - Sean Culey, Expert in SCOR-P and FCILT; author of Transition Point: From Steam to the Singularity
- Engaging Industry in a New World – senior MOD presenter to be confirmed
- Industry Keynote Jon Hall, Managing Director Technology, Babcock International and Chair for Commercial & Acquisition at the Defence Suppliers Forum (to be confirmed)
- Transforming Support in the MOD & Business Modernisation for Support (BMfS) - Richard Hamber, MOD Defence Support Network (DSN) Programme Director (Interim)
- Continuously Improving Support Across DE&S - Steve Lammiman, Head of Support Chain Process, MOD DE&S
- Aurora Update - Presenter from the Aurora consortium of Atkins/Qinetiq/BMT
- SME Innovation Engagement Case Study - Marcus Ralphs, CEO ByzGen Ltd
- Practitioner Stories in Engineering Support Transformation (EST) Engagement - Martin Boswell, Director, Jacobs & Colonel Commandant Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers
- TEMPEST Support - Tim Lee, BAE Systems
- Forecasting and Requirements Planning (F&RP) - Keith Rushton, Support Chain Improvement MOD DE&S
- Commercial Software for Defence - Steve Clark, TVS Supply Chain Solutions
- Q & A Panel – Chaired by Phil Williams, MD Team Defence Information
- TD-Info 2019 Support Recognition Awards – presented by Phil Williams, MD TD-Info
Through-life support happens over the lifetime of materiel and, inevitably, accounts for a major tranche of the MOD’s budget. MOD and Industry are working on innovations, agility and efficiencies in support that together maximise operational effectiveness and value for money.
Support within the MOD is undergoing transformational change and Industry, as part of Team Defence, is integral to that. Our annual SCS19 event – jointly organised by MOD and TD-info – is themed around Industry and the MOD working together for success.
To see presentations and content from previous Support Chain Seminars since 2014. click HERE
There are 3 priority documents/files associated with this community:
Support Chain Seminar (SCS) 19 8th Oct_Flyer v05 Public P Expand
Car Parking & Directions to STEAM Conferencing, Swindon (for SCS and Defence Information Events) Public P Expand
Support Chain Seminar 2019 (SCS19) 1-pager landscape format Public P Expand
There are no current news stories associated with this community