Profile for Kevin Atkins
Task Force Executive
Team Defence Information
Kevin is an MBA qualified Business Director with a strong background in managing highly complex, state-of-the-art Defence programmes. He has 40 year’s experience of working within Aerospace, Defence, Security and IT sectors. His career has embraced Systems Engineering, Technical management, Sales and Marketing and Programme management.
He has a track record and association with many successful projects, including his experiences with the Intelligence services, upgrades to the UK Test & Evaluation air fleet and ranges, BAES export Hawk, Australian lead-in fighter, USA Harrier/FA-18, KLM 747 upgrade, and a number of associated projects for the upgrade of overseas military aircraft and support facilities, including military Ranges in the Middle and Far East. More recently he has worked for a major IT and Technology company on some of the world’s largest outsourcing deals, with the following role:.
• Supply Chain Executive: Responsible for a new Transformation model and delivery of a new global supply chain solution for the UK’s principal defence contractor
• Due Diligence Executive: Responsible for leading DD activities on all major ITO bids for the European and Nordic regions.
• Solution & Bids Director: Leading the bid for the development of India’s Surface-to-Air and EW weapons Range.
• Deputy Director: Responsible for the delivery of a multi-million pound IT Application Hosting and Transformation service for the UK Intelligence services.
• Bid Partnership Director: Responsible for establishing the business transformational framework and partnership strategy for the Future Logistic Information System (FLIS/Netlog) programme, valued at £1bn.
• Sales and Marketing Director: Responsible for providing innovative solutions into the UK’s Military Test and Evaluation service. This included a military airfield, air fleet and all of the UK’s primary Land, Sea and Air military Ranges. He also developed the marketing strategy to promote and develop Ranges in the Middle and Far East.
• Programmes Director: He successfully established a new commercial business, embracing the Transport, Health and Defence sectors.
• Business Unit Manager: For the development and production of high value Logistic and Support solutions for the defence market.
• Civil Systems - Project Manager: For the upgrade of the KLM Boeing 747 aircraft
• Defence Systems - Project Manager and Project Engineer: For the British Aerospace Export Hawk and US Navy Goshawk. He managed five export programmes, including the development of two flight simulators. He also led the successful bid for the Australian Lead-in Fighter programme.
• Export Sales Consultant: Responsible for providing technical expertise and solutions for the upgrade of military aircraft in the Middle and Far East.
Ministry of Defence A&AEE Flight test centre
• Tornado Systems Supervisor: Responsible for managing the Tornado Flight test laboratory, which supported the evaluation and maintenance of the mission software and airborne weapons systems.
Kevin is married with three children
House renovation, Small scale farming and charity fund raising.